Envision Yourself @ Envisagenics
Office & Laboratory Manager
New York, NY
We are looking for an Office and Lab manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary research team developing new drugs to treat diseases using RNA-Seq data. We are looking for someone to provide general office and administrative operations support for business solutions, associated management and scientific staff. This role requires comprehensive knowledge of laboratory operations, ability to use independent judgment regarding administrative issues as they arise and the ability to deal effectively with personnel both internally and externally. Duties of the position include purchasing equipment, software and services; and handling of related invoices to ensure expenditures are conducted in accordance with budget. General office duties include providing senior management support with regard to scheduling, travel, correspondence, presentations, event management and department office space.
- Provide support to the CEO and CTO with staff and team management. Anticipate administrative needs.
- Assist with procurement procedures: Place orders for equipment, software and reagents; interacting with various managers and staff to ensure timely delivery of office and lab products and services.
- Handle purchase orders and invoices related to purchases to ensure timely payments.
- Prepare presentations and communications as needed for office and team meetings.
- Manage and organize events such as seminars and team meetings. Handle event logistics such as scheduling, food arrangements, agendas and act as company’s host.
- Perform general administrative duties such as making copies, filing, maintaining logs and manuals. Establish and maintain highly confidential files and records in an orderly manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Scientific background preferred.
- 5 years or relative experience of office and/or lab management.
- Self-starter, fast learner and highly motivated.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft O365 (SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), accounting systems, purchasing systems, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside.
- Ability to interact professionally and independently.
Envisagenics is a bioinformatics startup developing cloud-based solutions to leverage biomedical big data and accelerate R&D therapeutics through machine learning. Envisagenics is a spin-off from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a biomedical research institute ranked #1 worldwide for scientific impact in the field of genetics. Envisagenics’ core technology, SpliceCore was developed by our CTO while at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory in Dr. Adrian Krainer’s Laboratory, a leader in the RNA splicing field who was also a developer of Spinraza (Nusinersen), the first FDA-approved drug to treat children with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. The mission of Envisagenics is to materially advance the world’s ability to cure diseases, discovering new and more efficient drug targets through the analysis and integration of genomic data alongside our pharma partners.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision are offered to our employees and their families.
We encourage and sponsor continuous learning, as well as host informal science clubs where anyone can volunteer to share relevant science and technology insights with the company.
Flexible Time Off
We let our team members take time off to recharge, travel and spend time with family.
We cover the cost for a transit passes and Citi Bike memberships.
Family is our biggest commitment. We make it easier for you to be a working parent
Allows full time members to share ownership & achievement in our company
Team members can take part in our 401(k) plan and we provide a mobile phone stipend